Todays Music: The Kooks – Stormy Weather
Days Til Spring: 90
So, as I do, on the first day of winter, I post the list of Winter Stupid, and the countdown clock til Spring, over there on your right.
For those who are wondering, or forgot, or blotted it out of your memory, winter and spring start off with the list of stupid things I hope to do that season. So without further ado, I am proud to present
The Winter Stupid:
– Ski. I’ve already gotten a couple of days in, but apparently the new thing is that the mountains set up a huge ramp, and an airbag in the landing zone. Laugh at gravity and have a safe landing? Where do I sign?
– Ice Skate. This also shows up on the Spring/Summer Stupid list, but why wait?
– Experience Canada in mid-winter. Ok, I already have tickets to see John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett together (acoustic). But sometimes it’s nice to add something to a list that you know you’ll be able to cross off.
– Surf. As stated before, I plan to be out 1 Jan. Hopefully the weather will agree.
– Drinking hot chocolate while watching snow fall. With my arm around my wife, obviously.
Anything you’re looking forward to over the next 90 days?