Not much in Guapoville this week. A lot of the week was ruined by a high priority project at work. But part one of that is over now, and part two will hopefully be less of a headache.
So, let’s get right to the action.
We had some great write-ins for last week’s poll, When In The Shower, I Like To Sing…
The first write-in was “A Duet” by John Phillips, and it was such a good choice, I added it to the options
Here are the rest of the Others: (italics are mine)
Create a tune to match the gurgling sound in the drain while taking a leak. (Party like a rockstar!)
nothing. I do my best singing in my car. (I recommend singing everywhere!)
as loud as I possibly can to annoy my kids and/or scare away intruders. (Family and security. Both very important)
in my purple satin speedo (Sarah Boynton, Blue Moo, Workman Publishing) (Thanks, Sarah. The visual image is both exciting and disturbing)
Elvis Costello hits, mostly. (Excellent choice. I’ve seen him, he puts on a great show, but I think yours might be better – he gets to do it dry.)
(This is a series of clips of Marshall from How I Met Your Mother singing. I probably sound like this when I sing…)
badly (It’s the effort that counts!)
while masturbating (my husband’s vote) (I really didn’t need to know that)
I don’t sing in the shower! (You, my friend, are missing out.)
And the winner is… A Duet.
But kudos to the person that voted BRRAAAIIINNNNSS!!!! You’re keeping the dream alive!
And for today, just a bit of silliness, but it gets you two videos below. For those of you leaving “Other” answers, plese leave your name/handle in your answer so you can get proper credit. Unless it has to do with masturbating.
-voting ends Thursday, 22 December at 1159 pm.
And now, to keep you busy until next week’s poll…
Firstly, I was having a conversation with Rachel Black, and My Favorite year came up.
For those of you who always wondered who the hell Niblik was, wonder no more. The clip is about 6 minutes, all of it hilarious. Niblik pops up at about 3:25
And just for kicks, a fun bubble gum pop rock song, Bryan Adams – If You Wanna Leave Me, Can I Come Too?
So, enjoy your weekend, vote often, and stay out of trouble. Unless you can get and post pictures of it as it happens.
Haven’t posted in several days. Because I’ve been getting the tar kicked out of me.
The pic of my work area doesn’t begin to convey the mayhem…
3 servers. One of those had a bad disk controller that took a few to replace.
1 KVM. That I put in multiple service calls for. Because it didn’t work.
Ah, but it did. Thanks Belkin, for the worst instruction manual ever.
This is what the inside of my head looks like...
This was all done in a hurry, for a new data center we are setting up. So it all needed to be done in a hurry.
As you can see, there are boxes and hardware everywhere.
On the bright side, since it was a rush job, I was able to ignore all the normal requests so I could focus on this.
And except for some small odds and ends, we finished on or a bit ahead of schedule, and everything will be shipped out tomorrow.
Here’s part of the soundtrack that’s been playing in my head and on my pc through the project.
These are all songs that get my adrenaline up and energize me. Gossip and RAM have great or thoughtful lyrics, Dire Straits makes no sense at all, but I love all of them.
And I strongly recommend against listening to any of them while sitting in traffic…
Gossip – Standing In The Way Of Control
Dire Straits – Solid Rock
Rage Against The Machine – Killing In The Name Of
***This is in no way shape or form a child appropriate song – lots of F**k You in it, and a very strong message
that being said, I love this one, and think you should play it as loud as you can
So the boxes are packed, and tomorrow should see a slow return to office order, and I’ll be able to get back to you guys, especially reading, commenting on and enjoying your blogs.
And the Friday Foolishness poll is already taking shape in the unfiltered recesses of my mind, so there’s that to look forward to.
As the anniversary of my birth rolls around today, let’s see what we’ve learned in over 160 seasons on the planet, shall we?
– It’s not the years. It’s the mileage. (50 points to whoever places this quote first, 40 points for everyone after)
My Superhero-Surfer gear
– If I knew then what I know now, I would still have been an idiot, just one who knew more. (But I would definitely have bought Amazon stock. And sold at $395.)
– No matter what your age, naps are good.
– Naps with the woman you love are even better
– “Don’t play with your food” is always an invitation to play with your food.
– It’s good to be old enough to buy your own toys without needing permission.
– Even when it sucks, it’s good to be alive.
– Food made by your own hand is good. Food caught by your own hand is great.
– I’ll drive, but you’d better navigate.
– Drinking at school is good. Paying attention would have been better.
– I don’t mind doing the damage, since I’m old enough to understand the consequences
– Eggs do not belong in one’s nose. But mashed potatoes in your glasses are magic
– If you’re going to do a naked bar dance, remember the story, because one day it may get you a wife. Who will be The Most Wonderful Girl In The Universe.
– Tell TMWGITU that you love her. Several times a day. Using silly adjectives to describe the size of your love.
– Washing the dishes isn’t so bad when they’re your dishes.
Porfidio Cactus tequila
– Laying down at bedtime with the woman you love is the Best. Gift. Ever.
– Socks are the Worst. Gift. Ever. Unless they’re novelty socks. Or ski socks.
– It is possible to drink your own body weight. Or so I’ve been told. I can’t remember – I was pretty damn stewed at the time.
– Don’t eat lentils after drinking that much. Trust me on this.
– Read books.
– Be thankful for friends who won’t let strangers pour water on your head and take pictures while you’re drunk
– Make friends with bartenders
– Watch good movies. And bad ones too. I LOVE Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
– Go on Road Trips. I like themes – Boston for clam chowder, Florida for U2 (k,
not a theme, but it was a great trip, and a great show.
Fender American Standard Strat
– It’s not all about the music, but it could be
– Ride a jet ski.
– Ride snow skis.
– Ride a surfboard.
– Find a way to have fun, everyday. Even if it’s just for a few minutes.
– Blog. You’ll meet some very funny, insightful and smart people.
-Have a great birthday. And if today ain’t your birthday too, just have a great day.